Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Open Window are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, November 19th between 3 and 5 pm PDT.

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Jeffry Michael Jensen


OPEN WINDOW POLICY

 

it took me by surprise as someone at my back

bullies her way to my door forcing a blunt response

open to the thigh of a regretful lover drowning

no one close to Heaven will take blame bulging

a purple touch forces its way into view living in a scream

I could be throwing a plea between danger and the sky

my heart has no room left for living the good nightmare

it was a titanic shattering of language that felled my jazz

trembling holds the last grip I have on daylight

my prism policy pulls dopamine through a straw

disembodied prayers plow into the spooky broken hisses

that churn back-to-back with a smoking Bible curse

I abandoned the outside evergreen religion

for a fresh twitching throated memory of a sun shattering reflection

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

R A Ruadh

Cold sleep winter solstice moon waxes poetic with tales of snug tight windows there are few birds now coyote songs sift through the double g...