Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Open Window are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, November 19th between 3 and 5 pm PDT.

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Lori Wall-Holloway

Wildflowers


As my spring flowers die

off in summer’s heat, I take joy

when wildflower blossoms

emerge just before fall

Tiny blue Forget-Me-Nots

balance pink and lavender

star shape asters

to give me a fresh view

from my balcony window

 



One Morning

 

I look out my window

one morning to see dark

grey clouds envelop sky

As negativity brings darkness

a bright shaft of light cuts

through the haze

It displays how hope

can still prevail

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

R A Ruadh

Cold sleep winter solstice moon waxes poetic with tales of snug tight windows there are few birds now coyote songs sift through the double g...