Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Open Window are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, November 19th between 3 and 5 pm PDT.

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Don Kingfisher Campbell

First poem available soon in Four Feathers Press' 4 in 1 Book One.

Electrified man screams he can't leave his little house

 

My brain is surrounded by a fence

My mind is a lion god worshipping a bed of roses

My soul is a cat sitting on a windowsill watching leaves dance

My eyes have been wishing they could climb branches by themselves for decades

My mouth is a troubled door opening wide for a blast of stones

My belly is a flying saucer ready to fly high above the clouds

My penis is an aloe vera plant that transforms into a palm tree

My legs are afraid of becoming pudgy gnomes

My feet are beer cans tossed through the gate of the future




Appreciation

 

After attending a

super spreader pre-

Halloween poetry reading

maskless in a

black room with

no open windows,

 

we spend my

birthday week at

home, feverish, body

ached, sore throated,

congested and coughing.

 

Now I munch

on popcorn from

a white porcelain

bowl during the

writing time of

the online Saturday

workshop and hear

 

my wife in

the bathroom washing

clothes with the

portable spinner. I

walk down the

hallway to visit

her—she’s naked.

 

I apologize, give

her body a

big wet hug.

Think to myself,

I’m feeling better.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

R A Ruadh

Cold sleep winter solstice moon waxes poetic with tales of snug tight windows there are few birds now coyote songs sift through the double g...