Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Open Window are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, November 19th between 3 and 5 pm PDT.

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Jackie Chou

 

click on picture to see enlarged image




Rapunzel Reprised


I'm like Rapunzel,

watching the world 

through my window.

Except my hair 

isn't long enough 

for climbing,

and I'm not really 

looking for a suitor.


The streets below 

are vibrant, 

like an aquarium

full of mermaids.

I write down the lyrics

of their songs.

My words becoming 

wings for me to fly.





Opaque 


I gaze into his eyes–

closed blue windows

with no view

into his heart's

dark landscape.

His lids cast shadows

too heavy to lift.

The eyes speak a language 

foreign to the pure-hearted,

understood only

by souls equally black.


No comments:

Post a Comment

R A Ruadh

Cold sleep winter solstice moon waxes poetic with tales of snug tight windows there are few birds now coyote songs sift through the double g...