Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Open Window are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, November 19th between 3 and 5 pm PDT.

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Petrouchka Alexieva

 


What I See Through the Window

 

What makes my day a paradise?

Is the gorgeous bush on the fence

In two colors pink and green

And all of their beautiful shades?

 

It smells sweet under the moon

And makes my heavenly dreams.

Happy scented explosion comes

With the first sunshine gleams.

 

Birds compete in the branches

Chirping morning songs

Taking bath in the silky petals,

Dancing lovely among the thorns.

 

What a happy singing contestants!

There it comes the butterfly fashion show.

Enigma of colors and pieces of rainbow

Create such display of glow.

 

The afternoon’s symphony of snowing petals

Makes me a kid again;

Hummingbirds happily play in the air

And ladybugs gather in a colorful train.

 

I see through the window this scented beauty,

This shiny magnificent kaleidoscope.

And simply enjoy rose tea and cookies

- Such a magical moment that I wish it will never stop.




Happy Kaleidoscope on the Window

 

It was a rainy morning today. The wind reached the kitchen window

And stack a bunch of leaves among the shiny drops 

Making a happy mosaic of red, blue, brown and gold.

I was cooking, so I forgot about wet weather and later, the rain stopped.

 

The sun got bored playing hide-and-seeks with the clouds

And began smiling again. “Hello!” I said, waving a hand.

In return, on my window I saw a happy kaleidoscope

Of hundreds of tiny rainbows and all magnificent colors of Fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment

R A Ruadh

Cold sleep winter solstice moon waxes poetic with tales of snug tight windows there are few birds now coyote songs sift through the double g...