Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Open Window are invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, November 19th between 3 and 5 pm PDT.

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Tim Tipton

The Arrival of Spring 

 
The long winter has ended 
The arrival of Spring pleases me 
Its sweet light was in full flourish 
It fills my garden 
Robins and sparrows, and a pair of blackbirds 
navigate through the trees with renewal 
I pick up a garden hose and scatter a stream 
of cold water on the begonias, calla lilies, 
bird of paradise, and the hollyhocks, as 
well as the trunk of the old elm 
After, the ivy bed, the steps of the 
front porch, and the windows 
Everything in sight is wet, bathed in a damp, 
fresh glow 
I look at the dripping trees, flooded front 
porch, the sparkling flowers, the pools of water 
on the walkway and the saturated driveway 
I feel pleasingly refreshing and cleansed  

 

 
Free Spirit 

For Eunice 
 
I miss you. 
The old you 
Nobody better 
then I kept 
the faith that 
the old you 
the wonderful 
free spirit 
would return 
I couldn’t do 
otherwise. 
I always kept 
an appetite for 
your return 
The old you traveled
the high road 
from the rest of us  
I was in awe of 
you, nothing 
was safe. You did 
what you desired 
You held me 
with your humor, 
song, wit, charm, 
and rhythm. 
Now, all gone. 
vanished like a flash of 
light, diminish to 
living the life of 
an extra-terrestrial  
Life moving at a fast 
pace while you sit alone watching 




Naked  
 

You wake me with your pale smooth body  
 and your chicken pox scar    
the shape of snake river   
The window stands open    
a draft of air hits our ankles    
I relish watching the moonlight 
going out across your back as  
you sleep perfectly still, unwavering 
Your head rests between your shoulders  
My eyes sparkle at your beauty  
My heart quivers at how pure you are  
suspended on a tide of fate  
without any influence over  
your life than a wine cork floating  
on the high seas  
I must depart at daybreak  
I’ll be back tonight  
to be naked with you again

No comments:

Post a Comment

R A Ruadh

Cold sleep winter solstice moon waxes poetic with tales of snug tight windows there are few birds now coyote songs sift through the double g...